Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Dressed for Success: Helmets

The Nub's Nob Winter Sports School policy is that helmets are recommended, but not required. I highly recommend them! Helmets can be purchased at any local ski shop or at the Nub's Nob General Store. They are also available through rental for just $10 a day. There are many things on a ski hill that can cause an injury: the ground, equipment, trees, buildings, other skiers and snowboards, terrain elements, and the thing that scares me the most, a chairlift. Will you or your child sustain a head injury while skiing? Probably not, but wouldn't you rather be safe than sorry?

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. Once I was skiing at Nubs, didn't fall all night. Then, as I was walking out to my car, I slipped on the ice in the parking lot, and slammed my head on the ground really hard. I'm certain if I had not had a helmet on, I would have cracked my skull. So, you never know when you are going to hit something. I was also told a helmet is a helmet...you don't have to spend tons of money for a "good" one. They all have to meet certain requirements, so just buy one.

    ReplyDelete