Wednesday, March 16, 2011

In Your Pockets: Scraper

At the most I only use my scraper half a dozen days a year, but when I need it, I really need it. Usually I get it out to scrape the bottom of kids' boots on a day when there is new snow. Nothing gets that built up snow off their boots faster or easier. This weekend I had to use it for something else. Temperatures were above freezing, but luckily it kept snowing. Unfortunately for me, that snow was extremely wet and sticky. Any time I stopped moving, a mass of snow would accumulate on my bases. Sometimes I could get it off by sliding my ski back and forth. Sometimes the only thing that would work was to scrape the snow off. At times the snow would be over two inches thick! You can by plastic wax scrappers at the tune center or any ski shop. Instructors should ask JP if he has any more laminate samples to give away. They work just as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment