Thursday, October 7, 2010

Signs of the Season: Open House!

Saturday is the Nub's Nob Open House! It is a chance to go in and pay for your season passes and locker before the 10% discount ends. The discount always ends on October 10, but this year it feels special since it will be 10/10/10! I almost feel like putting my order in at 10:10:10 that Sunday morning, but I worry that I may forget and miss the discount entirely!

The Open House is always a great chance to run into your skiing friends that you haven't seen since spring. Sometimes I think talking about the upcoming season is why I like fall so much. Of course another reason to like fall is the color, and there are great views from the top of Nubs when you take a ride on the chairlift that day. By this time of year I am really missing the amazing food from the cafeteria chefs Ralph and John, and if you are willing to wait in a long line, you can get some (it is worth it)! The Harbor Springs High School Ski Team has a ski swap, and it is a good time to take your equipment in to the tune center.

Hopefully I will see you there and we can talk skiing!

4 comments:

  1. Don't forget the sale in the General Store where I will be working!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, you make me miss living up there. When did you take the photo shown?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took it last October. I will try to get some tomorrow. It is supposed to be a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a great day at Nubs: warm, sunny, and peak colors! So much fun to see everyone. Lunch was great, of course, and no line! I even spotted the Mackinaw Bridge from the top. Pictures here!

    ReplyDelete