Saturday, September 17, 2011

Advice From the Purple Chair: Lockers

At most other ski resorts, prime real-estate has to do with condos. At Nub's Nob it has to do with lockers. Along side of the Purple Chair is the locker room. For $170 a season (10% less if you pay by October 10) you can rent a locker for your equipment. You can equip it with shelves and hooks, depending on your needs. My dad even has a hand crank machine in his that helps wind ace bandages. I am still waiting to see someone rig up a refrigerator! With a locker you don't have to schlep your skis from the car, and your boots are always warm, dry, and waiting for you. This works out especially well for families. When I was growing up we shared two lockers with my aunt and uncle. One had shelves for boots, etc. and the other was for skis. You can see here I have a modified version for myself: shelves just wide enough for my boots and helmet, but narrow enough so my skis and poles fit. The locker room itself is carpeted and has a special ventilation system to minimize humidity after those wet snowy days. There are rest rooms, a drinking fountain and pop machine, and even a wax room for all of you racers. It has come a long way from the days when the locker room used to be under the old pool! I have very little storage at my house, so I leave my equipment in my locker all year unless there is planned construction, which management will post before the end of the season. I even store my snowshoes and Sorels there during the off season. So whether you ski at Nub's Nob for a week or all season, go get yourself a locker!

No comments:

Post a Comment